Chief Joseph Dam Bridge -- A Slideshow

  • By Jim Kershner
  • Posted 2/13/2015
  • HistoryLink.org Essay 11026
This slideshow chronicles the history of the Chief Joseph Dam Bridge, a 308-foot-long highway bridge that carries Pearl Hill Road over Foster Creek ravine at Bridgeport in Douglas County. Its name comes from its proximity to the Chief Joseph Dam on the Columbia River. The bridge was built in 1959 and rehabilitated in 2003. It is scheduled for demolition and replacement in 2015.

Licensing: This essay is licensed under a Creative Commons license that encourages reproduction with attribution. Credit should be given to both HistoryLink.org and to the author, and sources must be included with any reproduction. Click the icon for more info. Please note that this Creative Commons license applies to text only, and not to images. For more information regarding individual photos or images, please contact the source noted in the image credit.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Major Support for HistoryLink.org Provided By: The State of Washington | Patsy Bullitt Collins | Paul G. Allen Family Foundation | Museum Of History & Industry | 4Culture (King County Lodging Tax Revenue) | City of Seattle | City of Bellevue | City of Tacoma | King County | The Peach Foundation | Microsoft Corporation, Other Public and Private Sponsors and Visitors Like You