Address: 123rd Avenue SW and Cove Rd., Colvos, Vashon Island. The Colvos Store opened in 1923 and immediately became a focal point for the Scandinavian community of Colvos on the west side of Vashon Island. The small, one-story country store, with its false front or boomtown facade, had a board sidewalk to keep customers out of the mud and a gas pump -- the only one on the west side of the island. Both these features remain today (2000). Built by the partnership of John Trones and Gustaf Parker, the store had several different owners and is now a residence.