King County Landmarks: Vincent Schoolhouse (1905), Carnation
Address: 8010 W Snoqualmie Valley Road NE, Carnation. The small farming community of Vincent is located on the western side of the Snoqualmie Valley south of Carnation. In 1905, residents built a schoolhouse so their children could attend school close to their homes. The school housed all grade levels and included students from many pioneer families in the Snoqualmie Valley. About 20 students at a time attended the school. Teachers were typically hired for two- or three-month terms in the fall and spring, seasons when parents could release the children from their farming duties to attend school, and milder weather eased travel for the students from outlying farms. The school closed in 1942, but the Vincent Community Club still uses the building for social and community events.