On November 12, 1903, Kenmore Post Office opens. William C. McMaster is appointed postmaster. Mail is distributed from the company store of the sawmill located there. On May 31, 1915, the post office closes for 22 years.
Twenty-two years later, on May 17, 1937, the post office reopened. Joseph Horrigan was postmaster, and distributed mail from a grocery store.
Kenmore is located 12 miles north of Seattle 2.5 miles west of Bothell at north end of Lake Washington.
The Northern Pacific Railroad passed through Kenmore.
Guy Reed Ramsey, "Postmarked Washington, 1850-1960," Microfilm (Olympia: Washington State Library, February, 1966), 672-673.
Licensing: This essay is licensed under a Creative Commons license that
encourages reproduction with attribution. Credit should be given to both
HistoryLink.org and to the author, and sources must be included with any
reproduction. Click the icon for more info. Please note that this
Creative Commons license applies to text only, and not to images. For
more information regarding individual photos or images, please contact
the source noted in the image credit.
Major Support for HistoryLink.org Provided
The State of Washington | Patsy Bullitt Collins
| Paul G. Allen Family Foundation | Museum Of History & Industry
| 4Culture (King County Lodging Tax Revenue) | City of Seattle
| City of Bellevue | City of Tacoma | King County | The Peach
Foundation | Microsoft Corporation, Other Public and Private
Sponsors and Visitors Like You