A 1905 statistical report issued by the state of Washington has this to say about Renton and its vicinity:
"Renton is a town near the south end of Lake Washington at the mouth of Cedar river, on a spur of the Northern Pacific railroad, and is connected with Seattle by two trolley lines. There are extensive coal mines in the vicinity and fine dairy and agricultural farms... . A glass factory has recently been established and is developing into an important industry. Renton is distant from Seattle only twelve miles and is beautifully located in the valley and in time will become an important center. It has access both to the Cedar river water system and to the Snoqualmie Falls power cable. It has good stores, churches, schools and ships out a large amount of fruit, vegetables, poultry products and cream to Seattle. A weekly paper, 'The Recorder,' is published" (Bureau of Statistics).On February 12, 1965, Kennydale Post Office closed.