King County Landmarks: Dougherty Farmstead (1888), Duvall
Address: NE Cherry Valley Road, Duvall. Built in 1888 when Washington was still a territory, the Dougherty House has been at its present (2000) location since 1909. The house first stood closer to the Snoqualmie river, in the town of Cherry Valley. In 1909, when the railroad line was extended through the Snoqualmie Valley, the town’s structures were moved up the hill and Cherry Valley was renamed Duvall.
Outbuildings, including a bunkhouse (1909), garage (1919), milk cooler (1918) and milk shed (1940), were added to the farm as the Doughertys developed their dairy operation. The house, which retains many of its original interior and exterior features, is now (2000) owned by the City of Duvall and is being restored by the Duvall Historical Society.