The cornerstone of the "University Building" (in 1910 renamed Denny Hall) on the new campus was laid on July 4, 1894. Students kept studying at the downtown campus during the 1894-1895 term and moved to the new "Interlaken Campus" in 1895. Classes began there on September 4, 1895.
University of Washington moves from downtown Seattle to present University District campus in 1895.
- By Patrick McRoberts
- Posted 11/07/1998
- HistoryLink.org Essay 278