The contract had six subdivisions. Subdivision One called for a new pipe to parallel Pipeline Number One from the intake at Landsburg to Seattle at Beacon Avenue and Forest Street. From there, it was given a new route through Rainier Valley to Volunteer Park.
Subdivision Two covered two Beacon Hill reservoirs (64 and 52 million gallon capacities), and Subdivision Three was for the Maple Leaf reservoir (60 million gallons). Subdivisions Four and Five covered new pipeline extensions. Subdivision Six added the Green Lake reservoir (50 million gallons).
Between the construction of Cedar River Pipelines One and Two, two standpipes had been built in the city: Queen Anne Number Two in 1904, and Volunteer Park in 1907. Each has a capacity of 883,000 gallons. The total water storage in Seattle after the completion of Pipeline Number Two was 270 million gallons.